Dios entre Nosotros (God with Us) advise and support dioceses, parishes, and Catholic organizations in the area of marriage and family life by promoting the integral development of the human person in the light of the Gospel and the teachings of the Catholic Church through four fundamental areas: Vocational Discernment, Dating & Engagement, Marriage Preparation, and Family Enrichment.
- Most Hispanics live together before getting married in the Catholic Church.
- Without Christ-centered relations, Catholics are not able to build strong and lasting marriages.
- Children are affected when they are raised by single or divorced mothers.
- There is a correlation between absent fathers and juvenile delinquency.
- The entire society suffers when Catholics do not defend and preserve marriage as the only healthy model for an orderly society.
- With busy parish management priorities, it is hard for pastors to minister to families, especially if they don’t understand the language and culture of Hispanic parishioners.
- Provide education about the meaning of marriage among single young adults and engaged couples.
- Encourage Catholic couples living together to get married and participate in the life of the church.
- Support married couples with family enrichment programs.
- Encourage married couples to defend family values and the respect for life in the public square.
- Support pastors and Catholic organizations in their mission to evangelize Hispanic families in the context of their own culture and language.
The marriage preparation retreat “Dios entre Nosotros” combines the teachings of the Catholic Church concerning the Sacrament of Marriage and conjugal life, along with the principles of personal knowledge, communication, sexuality and marriage life skills. The 2-day retreat is a special time to evangelize engaged couples looking to consolidate their relationship in the Sacrament of Matrimony.
Viviana and Jorge Paredes lead the retreat combining several activities, testimonials, videos, and study guides that encourage profound dialogues between the engaged couples. The retreat begins on Friday afternoon (6:30 pm – 9:00 pm) and continues throughout Saturday (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm). Read more…